How to Enroll
Success Starts Here!
Join City College
Joining City College as an international student is a seamless process that begins with thorough guidance and support. Explore the steps outlined on this page to embark on your educational journey at City College, where excellence meets opportunity. Our experienced staff are here to help you throughout your journey!
International Students must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to attend City College.
- English Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL/CAEL) is required if you live in a country where English is not the first language. Click here for information on City College English Proficiency guide.
- Obtaining a proctor and Entrance Testing (may be required): In some cases, a Proctor may be required for you to write your City College Academic Achievement Test (“the Wonderlic Admissions test”), and/or any other program specific entrance tests. Please contact a City College Education Consultant to arrange for exam proctoring services. Students are responsible for paying for the cost of Exam Proctors if necessary.
Deposit Payment and Letter of Acceptance
Each International Student will be assigned an Education Consultant who will draft a payment plan. Once received, International Students residing outside of Canada at the time of application will be required to make a minimum 25% deposit of the full program cost in Canadian Dollars. The 25% includes a non-refundable $500.00 administration fee. In the event that the application is cancelled or the visa is denied this fee will be retained and the balance will be refunded.
International students who are in Canada at the time of application are required to submit a registration deposit of $500. Once the student has started the program the $500 will be applied to the tuition costs. In the event that the student does not attend City College the $500 will be retained as an administration fee and will be non-refundable.
After payment has received, City College will send to you a Letter of Acceptance that you will need in order to apply for your study visa.
“Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.”
Credential Requirements of City College
All International Applicants must write the City College Academic Achievement Test (“the Wonderlic Admissions test”) and receive at least a minimum test score approved for the program or applicants must provide proof of academic standing equivalent to the Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (OSSD).
- International applicants from Africa and Asia countries, England and the West Indies must provide the General Certificate of Education with grades of A, B, C, or 1, 2, 3, in five academic subjects at the “O” or Ordinary level.
- Applicants from PR China must provide their Senior Middle School Certificate.
- Applicants from the States of the Former Soviet Union and Russia must present Attestation (Attestat) of completed Secondary Education.
- Applicants from Hong Kong must provide their Certificate of Education with credit in five academic subjects or pass standing in six academic subjects.
For evaluation purposes International Students must provide City College (or a third party agent at the discretion of City College) with an original or certified copy of any diploma/leaving/graduation certificate and/or academic qualifications. The academic transcripts must show grades and marks achieved.
If the academic documents are not in English, an official English translation is required.
For the purpose of credential evaluation or translation, international applicants may be asked for consent to share this information with third party agencies.
It is mandatory that all International students have health insurance while studying in Canada. Therefore, all international students studying at City College must have adequate health insurance in case of accident, injury or illness. City College preferred health insurance provider is Sun Life Financial insurance. For more information, Please visit www.sunlife.ca